Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care, the Telemedicine solution used at Nicklaus, is being updated to the Pediatric Virtual Care RapidJoin platform. This new tool can be launched from the Telemedicine Link in PowerChart, and the communication with patients/families is established via Zoom.
RapidJoin Provider/MA/Nurse/Manager Workflow
Open the patient's chart from the Ambulatory Organizer as usual.
Click on the Telemedicine Link from the top menu.
The Pediatric Virtual Care Start Meeting page will display.Here, you can:
- Resend SMS or Email Invite
- See if the patient is in the call already (Highlighted in green if Yes).
- Invite another Parent to this meeting encounter. Use if they say they cannot find the link, or the one they have does not work, or have a new nbr/email, etc.
If you click on the Telemedicine Link before opening the chart (i.e. from the Ambulatory Organizer, Message center, etc), you will be taken to the Dashboard where your specialty scheduled Telemedicine patients will show. The window is separated by two sections, the Patients in Waiting Room and Today's Encounters.
- Click on Join for your given patient to get to the Start Meeting page previously shown where you can start the meeting.
- Use the Search field to find your patient, or narrow the dashboard display to your patients or your specialty only.
- Create Impromptu meeting to issue a new link and send it to a Patient/ Family if for some reason the actual meeting link is not working properly.
Once you click on Start Meeting, a new Zoom browser window opens up. Click Launch Meeting for Zoom to load.
Allow Zoom to use your microphone, and admit the patient in the waiting room.
1. During the Zoom Call
- Once the patient is admitted to the call, you can use several standard Zoom features located in the bottom menu, like chat, screen share, and white board.
2. In the Zoom Window,
Place Patient in the Waiting Room:
Click on the Participants icon at the bottom of the screen, and the
Participants list will display on the right side of the screen.
Then, click on the More dropdown next to the patient's name to select Put in Waiting Room.
Click on the End button at the bottom of the screen, and then select whether you want to leave the meeting or end it for all participants.
In the original RapidJoin Telehealth window where the call was started (If closed, click on the Telemedicine Link from the Chart), you will now have a link to invite another provider to the call if needed.
From the original RapidJoin Telehealth window, where the call was started: invite another parent, invite another provider.
From the START MEETING page, you can:
- Resend the invite if the parents say they did't get it or they lost it.
- Invite another parent that wants to join, or use this same button if the meeting was scheduled with the incorrect email address or phone number.
- Invite another provider after the meeting started