COMPUTER: Windows PC or Apple Mac with a video camera, microphone, and speakers (sound).
BROWSER: Google Chrome on the Computer. No mobile web-browsers.
MOBILE DEVICES: No mobile devices supported. Providers must use a computer.
CONNECTION: Fast internet connection.
ACCESSIBLE: From any public, safe and secured network.
Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care uses a new technology called WebRTC to transmit video and audio. Not all browsers support WebRTC. Therefore we require that Providers use Google Chrome for the best experience, whether using a Windows PC or an Apple Mac.
We’ve built Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care so that Patients and Providers can connect from any network. Do Not Use Citrix. Do not go first to ‘myportal.nicklaushealth.org’.
If using a personal computer:
- Install Google Chrome browser on your personal computer (not in an NCHS virtual desktop).
- If you own a MAC, you must use Google Chrome and not Safari (Safari is the default Web browser for Macs)
If using an NCHS Computer:
- You will need to install Chrome on the NCHS computer (with help of the IT Help Desk).
To use Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care:
- You must launch Chrome from your computer (not by going first into Citrix Receiver -OR- myportal.nicklaushealth.org).
Your browser will open a pop-up window prompting you for access to your camera and your microphone. Similar to the screenshot below. You must Allow the browser this access.
Additionally your browser may ask you for access to your location. You must click on Allow. An example is shown below.
Other Apps Running Video
- If you have another application open/running that also uses your video camera (e.g- WebEx, Zoom or Skype), this application will grab control of the camera, and will not let other applications use it, for security reasons.
- If you recently used, or have one of these applications running, please close the video app completely, wait a minute and then log into Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care.
- If the problems persists, you may need to reboot your computer for the other app to release control of the camera.
Go to the lower right of your taskbar on bottom of the screen, and click on the sound icon. Then, click on the option “Sounds”
Click on the “Recording” tab (second tab at top of Sound menu). Select Microphone Array on the sound icon. Then, click on the option “Sounds.” Then select “Enable.”
There are 2 places in Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care from which you can test your computer for video, audio and microphone.
BEFORE YOU LOG IN
Blue [Test My Computer] button on the very bottom of the screen.
AFTER YOU LOG IN
Orange [TEST] button on the upper-right-hand.
You should test your video camera before your first encounter of the day.
We recommend you test often to verify your computer is working, especially before an encounter.
After the consultation has ended, the Provider must click on the [End Visit] button, even if the Patient already left the video. This button-click performs very important post-call house-keeping functions, including proper shutdown and database updates. After the video call has ended,
- Do not click on another link on the page.
- Do not click on Home or Encounters.
- Do not just close the browser.
- Always click on [End Visit] first.
Assisting Your Patients with Technical Issues
When using a mobile device (phone or tablet), Patients cannot use their mobile web browser (for example, Safari or Chrome) to start an encounter. This is a restriction on mobile browsers. Any Patient using a phone or tablet must go to the App Store and download the Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care app.
The Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care mobile app will ask Patients access to their camera. They must allow access. For Android devices, users must allow for ALL access being prompted for.
Patients must check that Check settings, locate the Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Virtual Care app on mobile phone/tablet and ensure Microphone and Camera access are allowed.
Application must be deleted and re-downloaded
Must “Allow” first pop-up window after download. Must allow Camera and Microphone pop-ups during first provider connection.